Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is the new attraction in the France pavilion at Epcot.
Modeled after Ratatouille: The Adventure in Disneyland Paris, this trackless 4D family-friendly ride shrinks guests down to the side of a rat as they go on an exciting journey through Gusteau’s kitchen.
- Location: Epcot, France pavilion in the World Showcase
- Height Requirement: None
- Description: Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is a trackless ride themed to the movie Ratatouille coming to the France pavilion.
- When to Visit: First thing or toward the end of the park day
- Recommended: Yes, specifically for families
- Tip(s): In addition to the standby line, you can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane selection.
- Scheduled Refurbishment: None
Everything You Need To Know About Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is in the France pavilion. Here’s where you can find the attraction.
Rider Switch & Single Rider
Virtual Queue (paused January 2022)
On January 10, 2022, the virtual queue was paused for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot making way for a Standby line.
In addition to the Standby line, you can also purchase entry via the pay-per-ride Lightning Lane option.
Individual Lightning Lane selections are not included with Disney Genie+ (the new paid FastPass service at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland). These are sold separately and are pay-per-use.
Pricing for paid individual Lightning Lane options varies by date, attraction, and park.
The boarding group process can always be implemented again when Disney feels like it’s needed. Read more about how the virtual queue worked for Remy’s Ratatouille.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure was confirmed at the 2017 D23 Expo. At the time of the announcement, Disney also said the attraction would open in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021.
The attraction was originally set to open in summer 2020, but due to the pandemic the opening date was understandably affected.
That said, during the 2020 International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions Expo, Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro confirmed that the ride is “still on track” to open sometime in 2021.
On March 9, it was announced that Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will open on Oct. 1, 2021.
The ride officially opened on Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary, Oct. 1, 2021.
The queue for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure isn’t an interactive one, but it’s theming is on point and fans of the movie will adore all of the different details.
The queue is both inside and outside. Once you enter the indoor portion of the queue, there are several rooms before you get to actually board the attraction.
This ride is heavy on the screens and with it being 4D there are several moments that can cause motion sickness, especially when the ride vehicle spins.
We have a guide on motion sickness that’s filled with information and tips, so feel free to check that out.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure ride vehicles are adorable and perfectly themed.
The vehicles have two rows with lap bars for guests’ safety. Six riders total fit into one vehicle, with three guests per row.
Is It Kid-Friendly?
This is definitely kid-friendly. It’s also described as a family-friendly attraction. There are a couple moments that might make riders jump, especially kids, but they aren’t anything super scary.
If interested, here is a list of some things that might scare little ones at WDW.
Your photo isn’t taken on Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
If you don’t want to be spoiled, don’t watch, but here’s what it’s like to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
Keep in mind that the watching the ride through a video is far different than experiencing it in person, especially with all of the 4D elements.
Other Fun Details
- Easter Eggs: There are many Easter Eggs in the expanded France pavilion area, but as for the actual ride, pay attention to the window on the right in the first scene of the ride where Gusteau is talking. You’ll be able to see the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story!
- Play Disney Parks: N/A
- Movie Connections: This attraction is based on the 2007 Pixar film Ratatouille.
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- The Epcot Experience Is Permanently Closing In March 2022
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- Capture Your Moment Sees Price Increase As It Comes To Epcot & Hollywood Studios
- 12 Things You Need To Know About Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser