If you’re traveling to Walt Disney World during the holiday season, here is some important news you need to know.
On Dec. 17, Disney announced temporary updates to both Early Theme Park Entry and Disney Genie+ service at Disney World.
Due to the busy holiday season at the theme parks, from Dec. 19, 2021 through Jan. 3, 2022 Disney is extending Early Theme Park Entry for resort guests from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
Remember, Early Theme Park Entry is the replacement for Extra Magic Hours and only Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels are eligible to enjoy this extra time inside the parks and the select attractions that are also open.
As for Genie+ at Disney World, from Dec. 19, 2021 through Jan. 3, 2022, the following attractions will now be included in the Genie+ service instead of as an individual Lighting Lane selection purchase.
These attractions are as follows:
- Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain
- EPCOT: Frozen Ever After
- Hollywood Studios: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Typically, these attractions are not included in the list of available Genie+ attractions, but rather as an additional, separate individual Lighting Lane purchase. They usually range between $7 and $15 per person.
We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop if any of this information changes.
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- The Epcot Experience Is Permanently Closing In March 2022 - March 10, 2022
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet - March 9, 2022
- Tickets On Sale For 2022 Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - March 9, 2022