Even though it’s only for a limited time, this is some big news — and possibly in response to the recent heavy crowds at Walt Disney World.
These attractions are as follows:
- Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain
- Epcot: Frozen Ever After
- Hollywood Studios: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
As for Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, which is also considered a pay-to-ride offering, it is currently closed for refurbishment through at least April 30. Whenever it reopens, we will let you know where it falls — as an Individual Lightning Lane attraction or included in the Genie+ service.
Typically, these attractions are not included in the list of available Genie+ attractions, but rather as an additional, separate individual Lighting Lane purchase. They can range between $7 and $15 per person, depending.
And remember — Individual Lightning Lane purchases are separate from Genie+. But, these services are both built into the Disney Genie system that’s available in the My Disney Experience app.
Walt Disney World previously briefly shifted these pay-to-ride attractions to Genie+ over the holidays. It appears Disney continues to make this call to handle the big crowds.
We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop if any of this information changes.
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- The Epcot Experience Is Permanently Closing In March 2022 - March 10, 2022
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet - March 9, 2022
- Tickets On Sale For 2022 Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - March 9, 2022